"Let's preserve our language"
The Mvskoke Language Program will preserve, maintain and revitalize the language of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation, by connecting with tribal elders, encouraging adult citizens and teaching our children the significance of reading, writing and speaking the language of our ancestors.
Program Goals and Objectives
- To serve as a Resource Center for speaking and teaching the Mvskoke Language.
- Assisting instructors in tribal communities with training and teaching material, as well as distance learning for all citizens via the College of the Muscogee Nation.
- Implement audio and visual language instruction through the use of DVD’s and CD’s.
- Collaborate with other tribal language programs in establishing a support network of language speakers and to provide a mechanism that will allow the Mvskoke language to thrive for generations to come.
- Regularly review the Mvskoke language curriculum for revisions/updates necessary and provide participating schools within the jurisdictional area materials needed.
The Mvskoke Language Program and all activities and events developed by this program are funded through the Muscogee (Creek) Nation and supported by:
Principal Chief: George Tiger
Speaker of the House: Sam Alexander
National Council Representatives